Who is eligible to register to vote?
To register to vote in Cerro Gordo County, you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Cerro Gordo County
- Be at least 17-1/2 years old (18 years old to vote)
- Not have been convicted of a felony
(or have had your rights restored)
- Not currently be judged mentally incompetent by a court
- Give up your right to vote in any other place
Who is a resident?
A person is a resident for voting purposes only is the place which is maintained as a home with the intent to remain there permanently or for a definite, indefinite, or undeterminable length of time. A person shall have only one voting residence.
How does one register to vote?
Visit the website of the www.sos.state.ia.us (Secretary of State) or www.co.cerro-gordo.ia.us (Cerro Gordo County Auditor).
During regular office hours (8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.) residents of Clear Lake may register in person or pick up an Iowa Mail-In Voter Registration Application at the:
- Cerro Gordo Auditor's Office, 220 N. Washington Avenue, Mason City, Iowa
- When you renew your driver's license
Postcard registration forms and absentee ballot forms may be obtained from the City Clerk's Office. Applications should be sent to:
Cerro Gordo County Auditor
220 N. Washington Avenue
Mason City, Iowa 50401-3254
The registration form may be used to register to vote, report a change of name, address, telephone number or party affiliation.
For information on the nomination process for municipal elections, contact the City Clerk's Office.
VOTING PRECINCT MAP AND LOCATIONS
Click here to find your voting precinct and ward. For questions regarding your voting location please contact the Cerro Gordo County Auditor at 641-357-3028.